An open forum for fans of anime, manga, or video games to openly discuss their interests without any shame or reserve.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 what I read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Teflon
Nooblet
Nooblet


Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: what I read   Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Bleach, Naruto, Onepiece, Yakitate!! Japan is my current series. Vagabond, Vinland Saga, anything dark. I like horror comedy a lot. Read the ippo boxing comic too. Hitman reborn and um .. claymore! whatever pops up at onemanga. faerie tail, read 666, blazer driver, like that mangaka. Rave master is badass too. thought it was a shame he used oracion seis in fairy tail and rave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Onemanga definitely helps when you're trying to keep up on multiple series.

Have you checked out Bloody Monday by chance? Wink

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
Teflon
Nooblet
Nooblet


Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:47 pm

That's the one about the bombs and stuff, right? I've read like five chapters, every time I try to read it I get interrupted by something =(. Attempt three soon? =3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Oh yes, I highly recommend it. It's a pretty intense series and somehow manages to maintain its intensity all the way through the end.

And the main character's a computer dork! How awesome is that? Very Happy

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
AgentM
Moderation Incarnate
Moderation Incarnate
avatar

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 32
Location : Southern California

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 pm

you have good taste, teflon. I like the darker, less shounen art styles for the newere stuff I read. I think I've just grown up a bit. Vagabond and Vinland Saga are great. Also, you should check out Dogs, Elfen Lied, Eternal Sabbath, Happy World (tons of fanservice, though), Otaku no Musume-san, Sky High, Solanin, Yankee-Kun to Megane-chan, and Shin Angyo Onshi. Those are the ones i like to get everyone to read that are kinda under the radar. Yankee-kun and Otaku no Musume-san are really funny, as is Happy World. The rest are either dark themed, or Slice of Life. Genshiken is my favorite anime-manga combo of all time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:16 pm

AgentM wrote:
you have good taste, teflon. I like the darker, less shounen art styles for the newere stuff I read. I think I've just grown up a bit. Vagabond and Vinland Saga are great. Also, you should check out Dogs, Elfen Lied, Eternal Sabbath, Happy World (tons of fanservice, though), Otaku no Musume-san, Sky High, Solanin, Yankee-Kun to Megane-chan, and Shin Angyo Onshi. Those are the ones i like to get everyone to read that are kinda under the radar. Yankee-kun and Otaku no Musume-san are really funny, as is Happy World. The rest are either dark themed, or Slice of Life. Genshiken is my favorite anime-manga combo of all time

affraid

I'll read anything that teaches one moral:


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
hoodsey
Moderation Incarnate
Moderation Incarnate
avatar

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 30
Location : Southern Cali

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:25 pm

^ It is you! lol Is this a long manga? =\

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/hoodsey
rapturesrevenge
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 12
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 am

Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist are my addictions. I used to be into Bleach and Naruto until their respective manga-ka killed both series for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exdream2k5.deviantart.com
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:37 pm

rapturesrevenge wrote:
Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist are my addictions. I used to be into Bleach and Naruto until their respective manga-ka killed both series for me.

Bleach I can see, but Naruto's getting pretty interesting now. Where did you leave off? Surprised

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
Raikage
Moderation Incarnate
Moderation Incarnate
avatar

Posts : 33
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 pm

hajime no ippo pwns every manga out now. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rapturesrevenge
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 12
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Mukki wrote:
rapturesrevenge wrote:
Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist are my addictions. I used to be into Bleach and Naruto until their respective manga-ka killed both series for me.

Bleach I can see, but Naruto's getting pretty interesting now. Where did you leave off? Surprised

Uh...the chapter where everyone came back to life after Pain pretty much wiped out Konoha. I'd lost interest in the series a LONG time before that, though, when Kishi-bastard killed Itachi. From what I've heard, Kishi-bastard has completely ruined Sakura, which makes me extremely reluctant to get back into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exdream2k5.deviantart.com
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:21 am

rapturesrevenge wrote:
Mukki wrote:
rapturesrevenge wrote:
Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist are my addictions. I used to be into Bleach and Naruto until their respective manga-ka killed both series for me.

Bleach I can see, but Naruto's getting pretty interesting now. Where did you leave off? Surprised

Uh...the chapter where everyone came back to life after Pain pretty much wiped out Konoha. I'd lost interest in the series a LONG time before that, though, when Kishi-bastard killed Itachi. From what I've heard, Kishi-bastard has completely ruined Sakura, which makes me extremely reluctant to get back into it.

Bah, Sakura was ruined from the start for me, I'd like to think of it as canonizing NaruHina if nothing else. Laughing

HOWEVER! Naruto has gained like, 9001 badass points after having recently lost 9000 of 'em. I'm curious to see where this is going.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
rapturesrevenge
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 12
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Mukki wrote:
rapturesrevenge wrote:
Mukki wrote:
rapturesrevenge wrote:
Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist are my addictions. I used to be into Bleach and Naruto until their respective manga-ka killed both series for me.

Bleach I can see, but Naruto's getting pretty interesting now. Where did you leave off? Surprised

Uh...the chapter where everyone came back to life after Pain pretty much wiped out Konoha. I'd lost interest in the series a LONG time before that, though, when Kishi-bastard killed Itachi. From what I've heard, Kishi-bastard has completely ruined Sakura, which makes me extremely reluctant to get back into it.

Bah, Sakura was ruined from the start for me, I'd like to think of it as canonizing NaruHina if nothing else. Laughing

HOWEVER! Naruto has gained like, 9001 badass points after having recently lost 9000 of 'em. I'm curious to see where this is going.

Sakura flat-out sucked before Shippuden, but then she turned badass and grew up (and became pretty damn hot IMO). Of course, Kishi-bastard being the sexist pig that he is, doesn't respect any of his female characters, which is why she's gone back to being a sucky character. Oh well. Yay for fanfiction (esp. fanfiction by Cynchick over on FF.net)

I kinda ship NaruSaku, but I ship NaruHina way more. I mainly ship Sakura with Kakashi, Neji, Itachi, and Deidara.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exdream2k5.deviantart.com
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:28 am

WELL,

Spoiler:
 

But, I wouldn't say a character is ruined after one chapter before seeing what happens in the big picture (people are complaining about the latest chapter, but they've been doing this since well before Part 2 even started).

Aside from that, like I said, it looks to just be setting the stage up for Hinata to shine, which is fine with me. Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
rapturesrevenge
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 12
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 30
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 am

Even so, I highly doubt I'll get back into Naruto. I might go back and re-read it when Kishi-bastard is finally done with it, but I don't expect to have the same enthusiasm I once had for it.

All I can say is, at least the mangaka killed the series for me, instead of issues within the fandom (like what happened with Bleach).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exdream2k5.deviantart.com
Animelovers411
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 pm

I agree rapturesrevenge I dislike naruto for its longly writen out story line. they still haven't brought back sasuke!


I read Death note, the anime bores me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:40 pm

The Death Note manga is good, but it's definitely chock full of text.

Naruto's okay, but like most shounen stories, the author has kept it running for a very long time. Of course as far as that goes, it looks like
Spoiler:
 

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
Animelovers411
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:09 am

I agree but death note is a good read!! u read one piece??? i heard its a great manga and way better then the anime! but i dont really know if thats true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin
avatar

Posts : 145
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-10-07
Age : 30
Location : Riverside County, CA

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:07 am

I was reading the most recent chapters of One Piece, but I find that no matter how hard I try, I just can't get into it.

Maybe it's just shounen in general that's starting to bore me, as I find the only series I'm really keeping up with is Naruto, which I've been following for about six years and occasionally Bleach, although that begins to bore me too. I don't know if the genre isn't as good as it used to be, or if I've grown tired of it, sticking with a few favorites?

Heck, short of Dragon Ball Kai, I don't really watch much shounen anime anymore either. Then again, maybe I just need a special series in my life...!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakulife.forumotion.com
Animelovers411
Nooblet
Nooblet
avatar

Posts : 74
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: what I read   Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:19 am

Well thats cool i guess. i think i know what u need! i think u need Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. its an anime i found on adult swim! it got me intrested with japan the culture. Have you ever heard of it before??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: what I read   

Back to top Go down
 
what I read
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» In a relationship, married or not.. you should read this!
» [Manga read-through] Volume 1, act 3
» Naruto & Hinata: Read All About It
» I Will Not Read Your F*&king Script!
» Late Art Deco faceted glass vase - 1935 but unable to read signature

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living the Otaku Life :: Manga :: General Manga Discussion-
Jump to: