An open forum for fans of anime, manga, or video games to openly discuss their interests without any shame or reserve.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Starcraft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raikage
Moderation Incarnate
Moderation Incarnate

PostSubject: Starcraft   Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:25 am

When is the new starcraft coming out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:41 am

From Gaming News Link (August 2009):

Quote :
It’s official guys… No Starcraft 2 this year. In a locked thread, Cydra (an assistant RTS community manager) posted this grave news.

Today we announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will not be ready for release by the end of 2009. Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service.

Our mission is to develop games that deliver an epic entertainment experience. As part of that commitment, we will always take as much time as needed to ensure that our games and services meet the expectations of our players and the standard for quality that we set for ourselves as developers. As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.

We will share more details about the beta, Battle.net, and StarCraft II’s launch in the future. Keep an eye on the official website at http://www.starcraft2.com for updates, and as always, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II and all of Blizzard Entertainment’s games.

(Almost) Everyone saw this coming. With the beta still nowhere in sight and it’ already August, There’s no way that Starcraft 2 will be released this year. According to Cydra’s post, the cause of Starcraft 2’s delay is Battle.net 2.0. It has been announced before that LAN play will not be supported by Starcraft 2 and that connecting to Battle.net will be the only way to play with your friends. I’d hate to speculate but things could be different if they put LAN back in the game or shall I say, “leave it in” since it’s already in the current build of Starcraft 2 (How else could they play Starcraft 2 multiplayer in battle reports and Starcraft 2 exhibitional tournaments?). Starcraft 2’s release being delayed by Battle.net 2.0 also means that Diablo 3 wont be released anytime soon.

Mike Morhaime hinted in E3 that Starcraft will be released this year. I’m a bit disappointed that this is not gonna happen but of course, I’m not surprised. This is a Blizzard game we’re talking about here. Seems like the only thing we can hope to be released this year is the Nada vs Moon video/battlereport.

So Starcraft 2…”It’s about time” huh?

Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:45 pm

The way Blizzard operates, I'd estimate a 2016 release for Starcraft II, and expect Diablo III in 2033. With no less than 5 more WoW expansions and perhaps WoW2 happening by Fall of 2010.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/redtailedboa
Edelicious
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:17 pm

With how Blizzard releases their games, I've become immune to eagerly anticipating their games. :\

On a side note, I bet Blizzard's delay notices have a major effect on Korea's annual suicide rate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pyronigma
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:13 am

Well here, this seems relevant to the topic...

This was found on the Blizzard forums sometime around July:

Soon: Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard
Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any
particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past,
present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or
warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will
arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here
before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as
Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual
glancing at "soon."

Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:44 pm

That gives me hemorhhoids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/redtailedboa
Raikage
Moderation Incarnate
Moderation Incarnate

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:31 am

Redtailedboa wrote:
That gives me hemorhhoids.

I thought it was lack of fiber. But now I know the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aethion
Moderation Incarnate
Moderation Incarnate

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:52 am

With October winding down, and Thanksgiving not mattering, I figured this would start things off early. 12 Days Of Starcraft
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mukki
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:31 am

So, we're approaching 2010. Will we finally be able to say "StarCraft is coming this year" ?!

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft   

Back to top Go down

Starcraft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1