Living the Otaku Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open forum for fans of anime, manga, or video games to openly discuss their interests without any shame or reserve.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of []

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mukki
Admin
Mukki

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 pm

So, anyone else into Namco's flagship RPG series?

Personally, I've only played Phantasia via Famicom emulation and Symphonia. I've just gotten into Tales of the Abyss and so far it seems very promising.

What's your favorite/least favorite tales game and what about it earned that spot?

Thus far, my favorite of the three I've played would definitely be Symphonia, although Abyss definitely has potential to top it. The replayability in the later tales games with the new game+ modes and grade points, as well as the skits and what have you definitely make the games worth multiple playthroughs.

As far as main characters go, however, I'd have to say I definitely find Lloyd and Cless (Symphonia and Phantasia, respectively) to be superior protagonists to Luke. Then again, in Abyss Luke is a complete d-bag for the first quarter of the game up until a certain defining event happens. Here's hoping he manages to completely redeem himself.

I'll post my evolving thoughts on each game as I play through them, starting with Tales of the Abyss. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://otakulife.forumotion.com
Animelovers411
Nooblet
Nooblet
Animelovers411

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Sorry i never heard of it but i am very interseted now
Back to top Go down
Mukki
Admin
Mukki

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Well, some of the games can be difficult to find. I know that Tales of the Abyss wasn't easy for me to find - I was lucky enough to buy a used copy off of someone I know.

I'd probably recommend starting with Tales of Phantasia if you don't have any objections to doing the whole emulation thing, or if you have an XBox 360, Tales of Vesperia is really good from what I hear.
Back to top Go down
Animelovers411
Nooblet
Nooblet
Animelovers411

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:05 am

Cool i m starting to like the sound of this! Can u tell me more
Back to top Go down
Mukki
Admin
Mukki

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:25 am

Well, for more information about the Tales series in general I'd site Wikipedia - Tales Series

As far as the game I'm currently playing, Tales of the Abyss, I'd recommend going here.
Back to top Go down
Mukki
Admin
Mukki

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:14 am

So, I finally beat Tales of the Abyss after many long and grueling hours of side questing and following the main plot. I will say that if you have a choice between playing the game and watching the anime...play the game!

The characters, the emotion, the feel of the entire game as well as the fun factor. It's all really well-done and culminates into a phenomenal one-of-a-kind experience that far surpasses even Tales of Symphonia, IMO.

I still need to replay the game on the higher difficulty modes, but I'd like to grind for more 'grade' points so that I can carry more features from my old game over to the new file.

Again, anyone who enjoys RPGs (especially Tales of Phantasia, Symphonia, or Vesperia) should definitely play this game all the way through, as it manages to stand out as a flagship Tales game.

And also!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales of [] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of []   Tales of [] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales of []
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living the Otaku Life :: Video Games :: Console Game Discussion-
Jump to: