Living the Otaku Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An open forum for fans of anime, manga, or video games to openly discuss their interests without any shame or reserve.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muscle building!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mukki
Admin
Mukki

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:06 pm

OKAY, so here's the deal -

I am currently built very interestingly... I have a decent sized torso, but my arms and legs are tiny. I don't know if it's simply genetics or what. I've been going to the gym every day and consuming massive amounts of protein, yet I don't seem to be making any noticeable progress.

With that said and done, does anyone have any good tips for what I could do to get rid of what I would like to call "T-Rex Arm Syndrome"?
Any input as far as building muscle mass in my limbs would be greatly appreciated. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://otakulife.forumotion.com
Redtailedboa
Nooblet
Nooblet
Redtailedboa

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Make sure you have a healthy regiment of having a good time, aim for twice a day, and alternate arms, so you don't end up with "Bud Bundy Syndrome."

Other than that, DDR for the legs is good. I get chicks coming up to me all the time commenting on how sexy my calves are, and how I got them. You could also try running, or tai bo.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/redtailedboa
Edelicious
Nooblet
Nooblet

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Mukki wrote:

I am currently built very interestingly... I have a decent sized torso, but my arms and legs are tiny. I don't know if it's simply genetics or what. I've been going to the gym every day and consuming massive amounts of protein, yet I don't seem to be making any noticeable progress.

With that said and done, does anyone have any good tips for what I could do to get rid of what I would like to call "T-Rex Arm Syndrome"?
Any input as far as building muscle mass in my limbs would be greatly appreciated. What a Face

If that is code for being fat, lose weight and that will make the rest of you look bigger.

A second idea is stop impersonating T-Rexes. It's racist. T-Rexes have feelings too!

Third idea, muscle training is probably making them shorter. After all, ever see a picture of a muscle man that has long straight arms?
Back to top Go down
Exomnius
Nooblet
Nooblet
Exomnius

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:36 am

Two ways to go about it. Number one would be to do alot of cardio to cut fat first then build muscle up which is the best way. The second way is to start building the fat into muscle starting off. Problem with that is that you would end up looking fat with decent arms but not really the sculpted look. I would do alot of running, jumping roap, etc to cut fat first. Then once you have the desired size, you can start building up muscle by lifting heavy weights in a set. Do one set of bench press ( find your max bench then start at 40% of the max to work out with,) and make it like a 8 rep set. Move to squat station and do the same. Move to incline and do the same but lower it to 30% of your max.

Move to the leg press and do the same. After that, do one rotation through each station using only the bar as weight, but do 1 full minute of each station doing the max reps and as fast you can (this will increase muscle endurance and allow you to do more sets later on as you build up endurance.) Try that and increase the amount of full rotations as your continue. I still do 100 pushups and sit-ups when I wake up which also is easy to build muscle endurance and strength.
Back to top Go down
http://doodiebop.com
rapturesrevenge
Nooblet
Nooblet
rapturesrevenge

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:16 am

Mukki wrote:

Our situations are different, but require similar game plans. I recently found out that I'd dropped 17lbs due to stress, constant exercise, and not enough protein to make up for said weight loss (and I'm a small person, so losing 17lbs is way too much).

What you need to do is find ways to strengthen the muscles in your limbs (pushups and chinups for your arms; squats for your legs), then eat something loaded with protein within an hour of your workout. It wouldn't hurt to talk to a trainer at the YMCA and your physician, either. I need to do the same thing, but first I need to put on the weight I lost before I do anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://exdream2k5.deviantart.com
Mukki
Admin
Mukki

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:23 am

Good suggestions so far! I'm going to give this a go, I got my gym pass and my muscle milk. I think I'm ready! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://otakulife.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Muscle building! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muscle building!   Muscle building! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muscle building!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living the Otaku Life :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: